Lightning talk sessions will be held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 16:00-16:50.
For speakers: talks are randomly assigned between the sessions. If you can no longer give a lightning talk or cannot present at the scheduled time, please edit the page and remove or move yourself -- see below. Please sign your name (~~~~) next to your talk if you move it.
All lightning talk sessions are happening in Drummond West (level 3).
Friday 16:00-16:50[edit | edit source]
- Moderator: Sj
- Medical Videos on Wikipedia
- Wikidocumentaries - wiki for small history
- Advancing social justice in the LAM, Wikipedia, and Wikidata communities through linked data in archival description: Modeling inclusive practices in librarian-scholar-community collaboration
- Anti-Harassment Tools on Wikimedia communities
- CauseGraph: History, Wikidata, and Visualization
- Wikimedia and the UN's Sustainable Development Goals --Daniel Mietchen (talk) 05:03, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
- How to connect Wikimedian and Open Science Communities? --Daniel Mietchen (talk) 05:03, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
- Western Armenian WikiCamps: From Lebanon to Armenia to Portugal to France --Shahen books (talk) 07:26, 3 August 2017 (UTC)
- Criticizing criticism Daryag (talk) 11:18, 3 August 2017 (UTC)
- Putting all the inteligence into Education: the Basque program - (please, note that I have another talk with workshop at 14:00 that could finish near 16:00. Theklan (talk) 12:17, 3 August 2017 (UTC)
- Bots - A quick overview of bot resources available to the community. Some of it is en-wiki centric, but the en-wiki community is always happy to help other languages when it can. Headbomb (talk) 13:33, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
Saturday 16:00-16:50[edit | edit source]
- Moderator: Léna
- Design Thinking
- How to query Wikidata
- Submissions/Every language in the world
- I'm Sorry About What I Did in 2006: When You Shouldn't Assume Good Faith When Editing Wikipedia
- WikiFundi : editing Wikipedia offline across Africa
- Monumental: how to reveal hidden potential of Wikidata
- Contributions d'élèves du secondaire: Vikidia vs. Wikipedia
- Privatisation du domaine public: une tendance troublante --Dimi z (talk) 06:56, 3 August 2017 (UTC)
Sunday 11:00-12:30[edit | edit source]
- Moderator: Léna
- Integration of Wikidata into Wikivoyage
- Let's Take the Attribution Generator to the Next Level
- Lobbying for open data
- Million+. How to increase Wikipedia volume and quality simultaneously
- Mobile Wikivoyage - Problems and needs
- OTRS outreach
- How much is 12,000 ft: Verifiability vs Truth when dealing with units of measurementkim
- Pibox-installer: installer to turn a raspberrypi into a hotspot wifi delivering offline content
- 8 FLOSS tools and 4 hardware for audio, video and image editing for Commons
- Political elections - Wikipedia matters
- Spreadsheet tricks for evaluating and updating large sets of Wikimedia content - a tale of Google, ORES and Wikidata - Fuzheado (talk) 15:29, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
- commons:Commons:Locator-tool – Simon04 (talk) 15:32, 13 August 2017 (UTC) (if there's time left ☺)
- 400 year old news papers comes to life through Wikisource and Wikidata. Ainali (talk) 16:04, 13 August 2017 (UTC)
- Wikipedia globe animation, built from this Blender project; and this 3D printed globe built from this Blender project
Sunday 16:00-16:50[edit | edit source]
- Moderator: ProtoplasmaKid
- 3 million old place names
- Etytree: A Graphical and Interactive Etymology Dictionary Based on Wiktionary
- Wikidata and maps: a two-way street
- Jupyter notebooks referenced from Wikimedia projects --Daniel Mietchen (talk) 05:03, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
- Wikimedia and sonification --Daniel Mietchen (talk) 05:03, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
- Documenting the Terracotta Temples and Mosques of West Bengal
- WikiArS: Arts&Design Schools + Wikimedia movement
- Wikipedias in the languages of Russia --Frhdkazan (talk) 06:46, 3 August 2017 (UTC)
Lightning talk procedure[edit | edit source]
- If you cannot attend or give your talk, please remove yourself from the list above by editing the page and removing your talk.
- If you cannot give your talk at the scheduled time, please edit the page, move your talk to your desired session, and sign your name next to it (~~~~).
- If there are too many talks in a session and they don't balance out by Friday, individual authors will be asked to move.
The idea of a lightning talk is to present an idea or a project -- it is not a finished or complete academic talk. Skip the implementation details -- tell us why your project is interesting and why we should care. Plan to present one idea or project per talk.
All talks are STRICTLY 5 minutes. If you use slides, please prepare these on your laptop and have them ready to go; no more than 5 slides per talk please. Please attend the whole session and line up ahead of your talk so that things can move quickly.