Submissions/Medical Videos on Wikipedia
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2017.
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 2101 C1 C7 G1
- Title of the submission
Medical Videos on Wikipedia
- Type of submission (lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
Kyle Slinn, RN, MEd
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
Osmosis team member
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Osmosis has been working with James Heilman of WikiProject: Medicine over the past year to upload over 200 Creative Commons licensed videos to Wikimedia and relevant Wikipedia articles. We've also translated over 300 subtitles into 21 different languages thanks to our partnership with Translators Without Borders. Our videos collectively receive over 600,000 views per month from Wikimedia alone, and another 1.5 million views through our YouTube channel. This presentation will examine the development process of the videos, challenges our content has faced, and how the Wikipedia community has contributed to development and dissemination of the videos.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Learn about WikiProject Medicine's video project.
- Theme of presentation
- All lightning talks are 5 minutes. If this is a discussion session, length of session requested
5 - minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).