Submissions/Jupyter notebooks referenced from Wikimedia projects
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2017.
- Submission no. L0014
- Title of your submission
Jupyter notebooks referenced from Wikimedia projects
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
English. Happy to take questions in French and other languages.
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Jupyter notebooks have begun to be referenced from Wikimedia projects, yet they behave differently from more established materials like books, articles or websites. What does this mean for their utility, and how can and do they help increase the verifiability of information on Wikimedia sites?
- What will attendees take away from this session?
… a sense of why and how Jupyter notebooks are being referenced, and of how things could be
- Theme of presentation
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- Length of submission
All lightning talks are 5 minutes.
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Wikimedia infrastructure for running Jupyter notebook
- Phabricator task
- A discussion of the reproducibility of Jupyter notebooks
- First overview
- examples from gravitational waves research
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).