Submissions/Wikidata and maps: a two-way street
This presentation will take place in Drummond West (level 3) on Sunday 16:00-16:50 as part of Lightning talks 4.
- Submission no. L023
- Title of your submission
- Maps and Wikidata: a two-way street
- Type of submission
- Lightning talk
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Mapbox is pioneering the use of open data to power maps and other location services. Through our products, Wikidata helps to power many popular mobile and Web applications worldwide. In this presentation, we’ll show how Wikidata significantly enhances our map and geocoding products, and how we’re contributing back to Wikidata to benefit all Wikidata clients.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- An appreciation of the numerous ways in which Wikidata improves geographic data in real-world applications
- Awareness of Mapbox and OpenStreetMap
- Theme of presentation
- Sister Projects
- Length of submission
- All lightning talks are 5 minutes.
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- I previously spoke at WikiConference North America 2016 about OpenStreetMap. My colleague Jinalfoflia has proposed a workshop about OpenStreetMap and Wikidata.
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
Thanks for attending! The talk was not recorded, but I’ve added everything I said to the version with notes below:
Please contact me if you have any questions.