Submissions/WikiArS: Arts&Design Schools + Wikimedia movement
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 5041 - GO
- Title of the submission
- WikiArS: Arts&Design Schools + Wikimedia movement
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Lecture or lightning talk
- Author of the submission
- Lluís Madurell
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Amical Wikimedia
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- We are building an amazing free encyclopedia but we are still way behind in some areas compared to traditional ones. As we grow we face the need for scientific illustrations in order to improve the quality of our articles. WikiArS initiative is looking to fill this gap creating synergies between Art and Design Schools and GLAM institutions. We aimed this to be useful to students in their learning activities as well as providing images and content for Wikimedia projects and other free culture projects. The content created has a high value both for the GLAM institution, as they can use it for their own material, and for our Wikimedia projects as we can fill several key articles that otherwise would not have recieved any image.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Knowledge of a different way to work with students and Wikipedia beyond writing/improving an article.
- Theme of presentation
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes or less
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).