Mkutano wa Wikimania 2017 katika Jiji la Montréal Utakuwa mkutano wa 13 katika orodha ya mikutano ya Kimataifa ambayo hutoa fursa kwa jamii ya wikimedia pamoja na Miradi yetu kuwa pamoja, kubadilishana mawazo mbalimbali waliyonayo, kuweka njia bora zaidi za kufanya kazi kwa pamoja katika kiwango cha kimataifa.
Uwe ni miongoni mwa wanajamii wa miradi mojawapo ya miradi ya Wikimedia (kama vile Wikipedia, Wikibooks, Wikidata, Wikisource, Wikinews, Wikimedia Commons, Wiktionary, Wikiversity, MediaWiki au mingineyo), au mtunzi wa miradi huru au mteja, tunakaribisha andiko lako katika kikao cha Wikimania 2017.
Mkiutano wa Wikimania itajumuisha Kikao tangulizi kuanzia tarehe 9-10/8, ambacho kitahusisha wataalam hackathon na warsha nyinginezo na matukio ya kijamii . Mkutano Mkuu Utaanza tarehe 11-13 na utajumuisha mambo mbalimbali, zikiwemo warsha, uudhulishaji mada, majadiliano katika magurupu, wazungumzaji waalikwa. huu ni mwito wa kuwasilsha katika mkutano mkuu; Matukio ya kitaalam na mengineyo yataandaliwa kulingana na uhitaji.
Kama utapenda kupendekeza jina la msemaji katika jambo makhususi na kualikwa, unaweza kufanya hivyo kupitia (ukiwemo wewe mwenyewe), utafanya hivyo kupitia, timu ya mawasiliano au kamati ya uratibu. Tutatoa maelekezo kimaeneo na viongozi ambao watatoa mfumo mpya, mtazamo mpya katika miradi yetu au katika jamii zao.
Kauli mbiu[edit | edit source]
Uudhulishaji katika Mkutano wa Wikimania ni juu ya kazi jamii ya Wikimedia na Miradi ya Wikimedia. uwasilishaji wa utahusu kazi za wikimedia, ikuhusisha tekinohama na miundo mbinu, uhamasishaji na elimu, sheria na jamii, miradi ya jamii na maendeleo ya kijamii, maudhui ya miradi. Uwasilishaji unaweza kuwa wa miradi iliyopo ama miradi mipya na miradi mipya, miradi mingineyo tofauti na miradi ya wikimedia, na tafiti mbalimbali zinazohusiana na miradi ya wikimedia. Mada mbalimbali, warsha, na majadiliano yanapaswa kulenga hadhila, ikihusisha waandishi wazoefu wa Wikimedia, wachangiaji wapya au wazamani wa wikimedia, au wachangiaji wa zamani ambao wanapenda kujifunza stadimpya au kuanzisha miradi mingine.
hakika tunawakaribisha waudhulishaji wa Wikimania, Uudhilishaji wa maeneo yaliyopo katika jamii ya Wikimedia, taarifa kutoka Wikimedia "miradi dada" na majadiliano juu ya kazi za sasa na za baadae za
miradi hii, na majadiliano katika magurupu/ndege manyoya ambayo ina maana ya kujadili na kupata suruhisho katika miradi ya Wikimedia na jumuiya.
tukio hili litakuwa la Lugha mbili, an kwamba wahudhulishaji kwa lugha za Kifaransa na kiingereza wanakaribishwa, Kusaidioa katika kuzipitia, kama inawezekana kuhusisha lugha ya kiingereza (kwa zile zote zilizohudhulishwa kwa lugha ya Kifaranda) na au kifaransa (kwa zile zilizohudhulishwa kwa kiingereza) wanakaribishwa, ila hawahitajiki.
Mada zote pampoja na majadiliano zinatakiwa kuwa mwingiliano iwezekanavyo na kuwezesha na kubadilishana mawazo kwa washiriki.
Aina ya uwasilishaji[edit | edit source]
There will be several formats, including lectures, panel presentations, roundtable discussions, and workshops focused on skill development. There will also be sessions of lightning talks, posters and birds of a feather sessions. We are also open to new and original program format ideas, including combinations of types, art installations, photohunts, and so on; please contact the program committee with any questions.
- Lectures: where one or two presenters offer a presentation in front of an audience. Lectures are generally intended to be 25 minutes long, but a limited number of 55-minute slots may be made available. A projection screen will be provided for the display of slides or video material; please specify if you have additional needs.
- Panels: 3-6 presenters share a 55 minute presentation slot to discuss a topic. A projection screen will be provided for the display of slides or video material; please specify if you have additional needs.
- Roundtables: a forum to discuss an issue in participation with the audience, in which presenters are expected to lead and moderate the discussion over a 55 minute session. Spaces for roundtables are more intimate, with a layout to favor discussion, and are only provided with projectors if requested.
- Workshops and tutorials: these are presentations with a focus on practical work directed either to acquiring a specific skill or doing a specific task. Sessions are 55 minutes led by the presenters in a classroom space suitable for laptops and work.
- Lightning talks: these are brief (5-minute) presentations, shown together during one of the three themed sessions in the primary theatre during the conference. One session will be dedicated to each of: technical topics, community topics, or project-related topics. Submissions should include the name and affiliation of the presenter, and the topic of the presentation.
- Posters: During the conference, accepted on-topic posters (A2 or A1 format) will be displayed prominently in the lounge and foyer areas. Use this opportunity to give news, set out an idea, propose a concept, or explain a problem. The submitter will be expected to be available at their poster for at least one of two hour-long periods to greet attendees and answer questions, and the poster itself must be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons with a suitable licence. Submissions should include the name and affiliation of the presenter and a brief abstract of the poster topic.
- Birds of a feather sessions: Meeting areas will be made available for BoF sessions during the conference. Attendees who submit a topic of discussion are expected to attend and moderate the session, and to report on the discussion after it has concluded. BoF meetings are expected to be 50 minutes long, although a limited number of 80-minute slots may be made available. This will be a chance for people interested in a similar topic to have a less formal gathering or discussion session. Proposals for Birds of a Feather session will be accepted until May 15, 2017; any remaining slots will be made available for discussions organized at the conference.
- Original program format ideas: such as installations, and so on;
Proposals for presentations, (lectures, workshops, roundtables and tutorials) will be accepted until April 10, 2017.
Proposals for Lightning talks, posters and birds of a feather will be accepted until May 15, 2017.
How to submit[edit | edit source]
All submissions should include:
- The name and affiliation of the presenter or moderator
- The title of the presentation or poster
- An abstract describing the topic of the presentation and what attendees can expect to take away from the session.
- A description of what attendees can expect to take away from the session.
- For presentations, panels and discussions, please state the expected or intended audience of the session (new contributors, experienced contributors, or all).
- Roundtable and birds of a feather discussion should indicate what the outcome of the discussion is hoped to be.
- Panel presentations should include the name of the presenters, if confirmed, and a brief synopsis of what each presenter will contribute.
- Workshop submissions should include the level of the workshop (beginning, intermediate, experienced), what attendees should do to prepare for the workshop, and a description of the workshop presenter's experience.
To submit, please fill out the form below, under Submissions.
Questions? Please contact the Programme Committee at wikimania-programwikimedia.org
Acceptance and important dates[edit | edit source]
Authors will be notified of paper acceptance or rejection no later than April 20, 2017. If your paper is accepted and you need an invitation letter to apply for a visa to attend the conference, please contact us as soon as possible. (Visa applications can take at least 60 working days to process.) Please identify yourself as a presenter and include your mailing address in your email. Presenters for lightning talks, posters, and birds of a feather sessions will be notified of acceptance by mid-June. By submitting a paper, you agree that at least one of the authors will attend the conference to present it. If the conference registration fee will pose a hardship for the presenter of the accepted paper, please contact. A limited number of stipends will be available for accepted speakers who need assistance with travel and accommodation. Complete program and registration information will be available in May 2017 on the conference website.
- Call for proposals opens: February 2, 2017 Done
- Deadline for submitting presentation (lecture, panel, roundtable and workshop) submissions: April 10, 2017 Done
- Deadline for submitting lightning talks, poster, and birds of a feather submissions: May 15, 2017
- Notification of acceptance for presentations: May 1, 2017
- Notification of acceptance for lightning talks, poster and birds of a feather submissions: June 10, 2017
Your proposal will be discussed and rated in public by the program committee, and you will be notified through the contact information you supply of the committee's decision. There is limited room in the schedule available for presentations, panels and workshops, and Wikimania submission is competitive. If your submission is not accepted, please do not be discouraged: Wikimania 2017 will have time set aside in the schedule for participants and attendees to participate in unofficial, self-organized talks and working groups. You will have many opportunities to bring topics forward on-site, as well as socializing and sharing ideas casually. Presenters that are not accepted are also welcome to submit lightning talks and posters, which will be considered as space permits. If there are multiple similar submissions on the same topic, the program committee may suggest combining these submissions.
Submissions[edit | edit source]
By submitting a proposal, you must agree that:
- your proposal's abstract and any slides associated with it will be released under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike Licence 3.0; and
- if accepted, the session will be broadcast and/or recorded and made available in audio and/or visual form under said licence.
If you object to these requirements (for instance, if you would prefer not to be filmed), please talk to a Programme Committee member before submitting a proposal.
Note: You need to login (or create an account here) in order to submit a proposal.
For a list of currently submitted submissions, see Wikimania 2017 submissions.