This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. P-9012
- Title of the submission
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
OpenStreetMap is a freely licensed, freely editable map of the world – the Wikipedia of maps. Contributors include volunteers, academics, and paid mappers from industry. This poster presents basic facts and statistics about OpenStreetMap and its community; showcases some of its applications, including some ways that Wikipedia and OpenStreetMap are used together; and suggests ways for Wikipedians to get involved. A OpenStreetMap Foundation representative or other OpenStreetMap contributor will be present to answer any questions.
- What will attendees take away from this poster?
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).