Submissions/Bringing lexicographical data to Wikidata: supporting Wiktionary and beyond
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2017.
- Submission no. 3019 Subject - TWD
- Title of the submission
- Bringing lexicographical data to Wikidata: supporting Wiktionary and beyond
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Lydia Pintscher
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Lydia Pintscher (WMDE)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Deutschland
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Wikidata covers general purpose data about the world so far. The next big endeavor is also covering lexicographical data - data about words. This will provide support for Wiktionary but also enable a lot of things outside Wikimedia. This talk will give an overview of the plans and the possibilities we want to open up with structured data for all languages of the world.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Participants should get a good understanding about the plans for lexicographical data in Wikidata and be able to provide feedback on the plan.
- Theme of presentation
- Sister Projects
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Amir É. Aharoni (talk) 14:43, 8 April 2017 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 02:50, 9 April 2017 (UTC)
- Jsamwrites (talk) 10:44, 9 April 2017 (UTC)
- Susannaanas (talk) 14:39, 9 April 2017 (UTC)
- Thiemo Mättig (WMDE) (talk) 13:18, 12 April 2017 (UTC)
- John Andersson (WMSE) (talk) 18:54, 12 April 2017 (UTC)
- Great11 (talk) 05:43, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
- NickK (talk) 15:19, 13 August 2017 (UTC)