Submissions/Wikipedia and other projects in regions under crisis. Iraq as an example.
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2017.
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 2129 - C6, C8
- Title of the submission
- "Wikipedia and other projects in regions under crisis. Iraq as an example"
- Author of the submission
- type of submission
- lecture and roundtable discussion.
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Iraqi Wikimedians user group
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
I want to present the challenges the we are facing in Iraq and other countries such as Syria, Somalia, Afghanistan and others. I want to discuss the security issues. Also, I want to show how we are communicate in Iraq as a user group and organize Wiki events.
I want to show our results in Iraq. Then, I want to focus on the legal issues and barriers and obstacles.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- We will discuss how to understand special situations
- We will explain the challenges and try to find the solutions
- Attendees are supposed to find themselves trying to solves shortages of information about history, geography, culture and people of the countries mentioned in the discussion.
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- Legal & Free Culture
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- All levels.
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 15 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- I was selected for full scholarship
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Jamie Tubers (talk) 15:01, 18 February 2017 (UTC)
- Joalpe (talk) 01:17, 19 February 2017 (UTC)
- Anne Delong (talk) 04:19, 19 February 2017 (UTC)
- Schiste (talk) 12:15, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
- John Andersson (WMSE) (talk) 09:02, 14 March 2017 (UTC)
- --Frank Schulenburg (talk) 21:56, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
- Kritzolina (talk) 19:33, 7 May 2017 (UTC)
- LZia (WMF) (talk) 18:22, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
- Mervat Salman (talk) 18:11, 30 June 2017 (UTC)