Submissions/Wikidata Pink Pony Session
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2017.
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 7023 Subject - TWD
- Title of the submission
- Wikidata Pink Pony Session
- Type of submission
- roundtable discussion
- Author of the submission
Léa Lacroix, Lydia Pintscher
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Let's sit together and talk about all the wishes we have for Wikidata. This is where you can ask for your personal pink pony! New features, for Wikidata or the Query Service, support for other projects, external tools, all topics welcome.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Attendees will be able to express their use cases and needs regarding Wikidata and its external tools. We hope they will also learn about new Wikidata tools in the process, and get enthousiasm and motivation to keep contributing.
- Theme of presentation
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
Notes[edit | edit source]
List of wishes during the pink pony session (feel free to rewrite/improve!)
- more journalists and other interested in Wikidata (Sandra Spinster)
- More documentation about Magnus' tools (Luca)
- Easy csv upload (note by Pintoch (talk): I am working on this, within OpenRefine, see https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/projects/3. Help would be appreciated!)
- Easy mapping
- CSV to Quickstatements tool (note by Pintoch (talk): same as above. Demo at Wikidatacon will be given by ArthurPSmith)
- Documentation by background (for ontologist, developer, WIkipedia, librarian, etc)
- Visual ontology editor
- Better way to add references (Sandra Spinster)
- More integration for tabular data (Daniel)
- More UX demo (Jan)
- Slimmer and more compact interface for items
- Display Commons pictures as real pictures
- A "add statement" on the top of the item page (Harmonia)
- Combination of Query Service and QuickStatements (Lucas)
- Rescue gadget pages/hackathon (Harmonia)
- Voting for gadgets to become part of the core
- Sorting results of property suggestion (Andy)
Interested attendees[edit | edit source]
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).