Submissions/We dreamt big - What did Connected Open Heritage manage to achieve?
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2017.
- Submission no. 5016 Subject - GO
- Title of the submission
We dreamt big - What did Connected Open Heritage manage to achieve?
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, round-table discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
John Andersson & André Costa
- type of submission
Lecture + Open discussion to collect ideas
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
john.anderssonwikimedia.se & andre.costawikimedia.se
User:John_Andersson_(WMSE) & User:André_Costa_(WMSE)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
17 months has passed since the Connected Open Heritage project started. With a budget of nearly 300,000 USD it has been a massive GLAM project. Perhaps the biggest GLAM project in the Wikimedia movement's history?
We will present what we managed to achieve, where we struggled, and where we fell short. Furthermore we will share our plans for Connected Open Heritage 2. We would love your inputs on what you think is a priority, so that we can try to include it in our next project grant application.
The project covered work on Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikipedia, political lobbying, scientific publications, a Wikipedian in Residence at UNESCO, new technical tools, a photo exhibition in three countries and much more – so many attendees are likely to find at least part of the project outcomes of interest.
We will present for roughly 25 minutes, then participants can share what they think should be the focus for 20 minutes (i.e. give an elevator pitch in less than a minute). During the final 10 minutes the participants will be asked to vote on the suggestions on what to focus on (raise of hands).
- What will attendees take away from this session?
They will have a better understanding of one of the major GLAM initiatives and will have had the chance to contribute to the continuation.
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
55 minutes. Ca. 25 minutes presentation and 30 minutes open discussion/workshop.
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).