Submissions/How to debug Wikisource metadata management?
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2017.
- Submission no. 8008 - L4, T3
- Title of the submission
- How to debug Wikisource metadata management?
- Type of submission
- roundtable discussion
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Volunteer, Wikisource User Group
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Wikisource metadata workflow has increasingly been a pain point in the work of Wikisource community. Metadata are not well structured and duplicated in a increasing number of places. Complex text structures are hardly machine readable, making exports and reader statistics complicated. The goal of this roundtable discussion is to introduce, and gather feedbacks on, a new possible metadata workflow based on an improved version of the existing Wikisource Index: pages, allowing to easily retrieve text structures, manage metadata according to the FRBR model, and interact nicely with Wikidata and Wikimedia Commons. It would unlock a clean implementation of different tools, like an accurate index of which contents Wikisource contains, reading and editing statistics per book and per partner organisation, cleaner content export, and automated main namespace pages creation and maintenance.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
The expected outcome of this session is to refine a new metadata storage for Wikisource in order to make it fit community needs and gather support for its implementation and deployment.
- Theme of presentation
- Sister Projects but related to Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- intermediate, existing Wikisource contributors
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Bodhisattwa (talk) 20:01, 27 April 2017 (UTC)
- Slowking4 (talk) 12:26, 10 June 2017 (UTC)
- VIGNERON (talk) 11:23, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
- Viticulum (talk) 21:12, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
- - OrbiliusMagister (talk) 16:23, 13 August 2017 (UTC)