Submissions/Community Health Legal Defense
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2017.
- Submission no. 2078 Subject - C10
- Title of the submission
- Community Health Legal Defense
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Jacob Rogers (WMF legal), Patrick Earley (WMF support and safety)
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- jrogerswikimedia.org, pearleywikimedia.org
- Jrogers (WMF), PEarley (WMF)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- This lecture will cover the launch and initial operation of the Community Health Legal Defense program. It will discuss how the Foundation's legal team can assist community members in rare cases severe harassment, when a legal solution can be helpful and when it cannot, what situations might necessitate legal intervention, and what form legal assistance can take for a harassment case.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Attendees will have an understanding of when it would be appropriate to contact the Foundation's legal team for assistance in a harassment case, and will understand what kinds of legal solutions are available to address harassment online.
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
Interested attendees[edit | edit source]
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).