Submissions/Building a Better Dispute Resolution System
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 2073 Subject - T3 C6
- Title of the submission
Building a Better Dispute Resolution System
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
Trevor Bolliger, WMF product manager
Sydney Poore, WMF community advocate
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
The Community Tech team at the Wikimedia Foundation is currently working on features to allow administrators and other community leaders to more efficiently and fairly resolve user disputes. We’ll be fairly early in this process in August 2017 and we will need input from users on various Wikimedia communities to ensure we’re on the right track.
During this roundtable, we’d love to hear from users on communities about the biggest bottlenecks and time-consuming parts of the existing dispute resolution workflows.
The outcome of this discussion should be for the Community Tech team to have a more robust understanding of how our software can empower community leaders to more efficiently conduct dispute resolution.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Ideally this roundtable will include participants from multiple wikis so we can discuss a wide variety of processes and tools that different users and communities use to investigate disputes and make resolution decisions.
Attendees should hopefully leave with a better understanding of how different communities resolve disputes, ideally with some inspiration on how to improve the processes on their home communities. Attendees should also have a better understanding of Community Tech’s plans for how forthcoming software could complement these policies and workflows.
- Theme of presentation
WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
Contributors familiar (to any degree - novice to expert) with dispute resolution systems on any Wikimedia project.
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.