Submissions/Botswana Wikipedia 3-phase study and HIV/AIDS article evaluation workshop
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 6001 Subject E1
- Title of the submission
- Botswana Wikipedia 3-phase study and HIV/AIDS article evaluation workshop
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Mompati Dikunwane
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Mompati Dikunwane
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Lack of information on Hiv/Aids in the native language Setswana or the misunderstanding of available information can facilitate incorrect use of the virus drugs for instance, therefore I am trying to assess Wikipedia's utility on Botswana healthcare facilities,evaluate, update, and translate HIV/AIDS Wikipedia articles using Batswana medical students, residents, HIV experts, faculty, and librarians. If we can successfully create awareness and enthusiasm surrounding Wikipedia article evaluation, we can continue Wikipedia article editing, thereby enhancing the Botswana and Africa-specific Wikipedia coverage as well as increasing the article translations.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
All throughout the conference
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).