Talk:Submissions/Lingua Libre: Massive Open Audio Recording
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Primary target group: All, esp. French speakers who will be attending Wikimania.
- Critical issue: No
- Cross-Wiki significance: Yes, but currently (apparently) only French-speaking regions
- Abstract: Fairly clear if one looks up the website and can fead it (French only).
- Concept: Information resource / Linguistics: a project to preserve linguistic heritage
- Other / concerns: A presentation for a 3rd party, non Wikipedia specific open source project, https://www.lingualibre.fr/ , which currently targets only francophone readers. It is not actually clear if this project is endorsed by WikiMedia France. Also makes a request for additional Wikimania resources including space and technology for a full-day workshop. To be strictly valid at Wikimania, the open source project would probably need to address a broader selection of Wikipedias, especially the en.Wiki, and provide its background material (i.e. its web site) in English.
- Kudpung: The project (Push 1, 2016) was funded by Wikimedia France. See https://github.com/wikimedia-france/Lingua-Libre for more on this.
- The site's translation could be a part of the hackathon. --Yug (talk) 13:33, 10 April 2017 (UTC)