Submissions/Wikisource Year in Review
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2017.
- Submission no. 8005 Subject - S3
- Title of the submission
- Wikisource Year in Review
- Author of the submission
- type of submission
- lecture / workshop
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikisource User Group; Wikimedia DC
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
After Wikisource Conference 2015, there has been progress in Wikisource towards transcribing sources, and cleaning up sources of old encyclopedias in wikipedia. Dictionary of National Biography and Encyclopedia Britannica 1911 are complete enough to provide stable references to wikipedia. Visual editor was introduced at wikisource. Progress continues on monthly transcriptions. There have been plans to integrate book metadata with wikisource. There have been plans to integrate open source references into wikisource to make referencing easier.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
History of recent events, and future plans, in the strategic plan. how to edit wikisource, and how to integrate in other projects.
- Theme of presentation
- Sister Projects
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience? Beginning
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
Interested attendees[edit | edit source]
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).