Submissions/Wikipedian in Residence in emerging countries
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 5044 - GO
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedian in Residence in emerging countries
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Giselle Bordoy and Mauricio V. Genta
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Argentina
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- In Argentina, many of the institutions that have material to be digitized keep it in very poor conditions and have neither the knowledge nor the technical resources for the appropriate preservation of the digital documents they own. Thus, WMAR makes up for the deficiencies of cultural institutions, focus on providing skills and technical tools for digitization. We decided to create the role of a central Wikipedian in Residence at WMAR
- In this lecture we will explain the role of the WIR in Latin American institutions. What´s the methodology to operate with Argentinean institutions, regarding agreements, chosen institutions, technical work and documentary procedures.
- We are going to let knows what to do with the material and how to use it in the sister projects.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Strategies to work with cultural institutions.
- How to create editing challenge in others projects like Wikisource.
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).