Submissions/Wikipedia in IT courses for the unemployed in Spain
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 6039 - EO, E2
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedia in IT courses for the unemployed in Spain
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Ángel Obregón Sierra (vanbasten_23)
- type of submission
- Language of presentation
- French or English
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
As an IT teacher at a business school where I teach IT Services courses since 2015, I´ve been carrying out during these past 3 years workshops to my students on the use and edition of articles in Wikipedia. My groups of students consist of long-term unemployed people who often have just some basic computer skills. This communication will explain the problems of this group of students and the solutions that were found to make the edition in Wikipedia was attractive.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
They will learn new skills about to teach students how to edit on Wikipedia
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience? No level.
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 15 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).