This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 3072 - TO
- Title of the submission
Wikipedia Optical Character Recognition
Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
Co-Author: Mandeep Singh
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Punjabi Department,
- Punjabi University, Patiala, Pin code- 140406
- Personal homepage or blog
- There is no personal homepage.
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Wikipedia help to upload your image form text into real text. It is make very easy to update your document or entry on the Wikipedia. It will save your more time and with the help of OCR you can increase your speed. Because all the major data written in books. You can scan the image and directly upload into text form. I think this will be major part for the your documentation. The Wikipedia OCR will be very fast way to enter huge data on the Wikipedia. This OCR will be work online you from the remote site you can upload any image into text. This very simple function is to scan image and convert into text and after processing you can add some text as per your requirement in the paragraph. So everything will be become easy and i hope it will make great Wikipedia. The major advantage of this Wikipedia OCR without knowing the language , rules and format, you can just upload your text image and it will convert into text. Old books which are very big in size hard to type. Another good approach you can upload main content rather than whole book. Wikipedia OCR will make more intelligent and quick information.Suppose you have very old books you don't want to type or you don’t want to waste your time on typing, So on home or remote site you can provide the information on Wikipedia.It will be more useful for the users.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
If you want to ask about the output, then there will be huge idea's come from all other languages. They will learn new method for Wikipedia and very easy fast way for entering the text on page. After the whole lecture they will bring new idea and go for another master Wikipedia project. I hope they will use technology in better and fast way.
- Theme of presentation
- Sister Project
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
As per over content everybody will learn new approach so level doesn't matter .
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Yes, i will attend.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
This is no any special request.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).