Submissions/Wikimedia movement and Disabilties: Why Wikimedian with Disabilities never counted?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 2030 Subject - C6
- Title of the submission
- Wikimedia movement and Disabilties: Why Wikimedian with Disabilities never counted?
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Ellif (User:Galadrien)
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Galadrien / Ellif
- Country of origin
- Republic of Korea
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedians in Korea (Korean Wikimedia Association) / Inha University
- Personal homepage or blog
- I do not have any of official English page
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- In this presentation, I want to say Wikimedia movement should start an effort(s) for including Wikimedians with Disabilities. for sustain this argument, I want account following things: First, I want to find out What first strategy of Wikimedia foundation made. Second. I want to share experiences in Korean Wikipedia, who have Developmental Disabilities. Their experiences are including some of harassment, which is prohibited by the Foundation's policy. Third, I want to think a ways for finding and binding Wikimedians with Disabilities, And what they make more effort for making an 'Sum of Knowledge'. Therefore, I want to highlight that the inquiries and the necessity of making of usergroup for Wikimedians with Disabilities, which including all of the physical and psychological.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Attendees could hear of experiences of Wikimedians who have Disabilities, and think about the strategic way of including People with Disabilities into Wikimedia Movement.
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- If I could receive full scholaships, I will.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- I do not want to made it on Sunday.
- Submission is a Draft
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).