Submissions/Wikimedia Foundation’s Language round-table
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 7022 Subject - MW
- Title of the submission
Wikimedia Foundation’s Language round-table
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
English (participants can use other languages of their choice during the session, however without immediate interpretation we may need follow up conversations)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Wikimedia Foundation's Language team hosts an online interactive meeting once every 3 months. These hour long sessions are conducted via Google hangout and IRC. Due to limitations of these media and with additional overhead of time zones, conversations and participation can be restrictive. We would like to host a similar interactive session as a round table to discuss about support of languages in Wikimedia projects, challenges, tools and suggestions to make them more inclusive for our multi-lingual diversity.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
How people across the globe are participating in Wikimedia projects in their own language, and what can be done to improve the experience.
- Theme of presentation
WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
Open session for all levels of audience
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 55 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).