Submissions/What is missing in Korean Wikidata?
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 8017 - TWD, C8
- Title of the submission
- What is missing in Korean Wikidata?
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Lightning talk
- Author of the submission
- RYU Cheol, ko:User:Ryuch
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Republic of Korea
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- ETRI, Wikimedians of Korea(WMF Affiliation)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Wikidata is quite successful as a sum of knowledge which machines also could understand. Around 15 millions English label, Wikidata has. But what about other languages? Korean tech companies are struggling to use Wikidata as a base for knowledge service but are failing. I would like to explore Korean Wikidata which lacks essential things which must be present. I hope this exploration would be an insight for other language works in Wikidata.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Theme of presentation
- Sister Projects
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Yes but with a WMF scholarship
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Ziko (talk) 13:49, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 11:53, 6 April 2017 (UTC)
- Amir É. Aharoni (talk) 06:23, 9 April 2017 (UTC)