Submissions/Using WikiData in Medicine
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 6006 Subject - E2
- Title of the submission
- Using WikiData in Medicine
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Houcemeddine Turki, Daniel Mietchen
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Csisc, Daniel Mietchen
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia TN User Group, Wiki Project Med, The Wikipedia Library
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- WikiData is an open and multilingual knowledge base that currently involves over 25 million entities and that defines links between them. Among these links, we can find clinical and medical ones like drug-drug interaction, genetic associations, disease-symptom relationship... In this presentation, we will explain how using such links can help in ameliorating the efficiency, the quality and the automation of clinical and medical tasks such as clinical decision making, communication with patients and the creation of biomedical systematic or narrative reviews...
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Learning about the common unsolved matters about clinical decision taking and about communication with the patients
- Learning about how these matters can be solved using WikiData
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- Sister Projects
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
Beginning, intermediate, and advanced
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Putman, T. E., Burgstaller-Muehlbacher, S., Waagmeester, A., Wu, C., Su, A. I., & Good, B. M. (2016). Centralizing content and distributing labor: a community model for curating the very long tail of microbial genomes. Database, 2016, baw028.
- Burgstaller-Muehlbacher, S., Waagmeester, A., Mitraka, E., Turner, J., Putman, T., Leong, J., ... & Su, A. I. (2016). Wikidata as a semantic framework for the Gene Wiki initiative. Database, 2016, baw015.
- Ayvaz, S., Horn, J., Hassanzadeh, O., Zhu, Q., Stan, J., Tatonetti, N. P., ... & Dumontier, M. (2015). Toward a complete dataset of drug–drug interaction information from publicly available sources. Journal of biomedical informatics, 55, 206-217.
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- -- Marcus Cyron (talk) 13:56, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
- SammyWiki 16:10, 27 July 2017 (UTC)
- RexxS (talk) 19:26, 5 August 2017 (UTC)