Submissions/The story of building ORES review tool and how it impacted workload of patrollers
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 3063 - T1
- Title of the submission
The story of building ORES review tool and how it impacted the workload of patrollers
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
Amir Sarabadani (User:Ladsgroup)
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
ORES is the platform to use AI in Wikimedia projects at scale. It has been worked on for quite some time. This talk is about one of it's most prominent applications, the ORES review tool, a beta feature allowing users to highlight and filter edits in recent changes or their watchlists. The first part of this session will be about explaining ORES and its applications. The second part will be about the history of ORES, obstacles we had to face and lessons we learned while making this happen on the scale of Wikipedia. This can be useful for future tool developers that want to build large-scale tools for Wikipedia. And lastly, I will show a comprehensive analysis of the impact ORES review tool had on the reduction of edits needing review and the number of reverts in periods of time and average speed of reverting vandalism in different wikis. This will include Wikidata and several languages of Wikipedia. The faster we revert vandalism, the more reliable Wikipedia is.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Attendees will learn more about how ORES works and hopefully gets motivated to bring this tool to their own wikis or build tools on top of the service.
- Theme of presentation
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).