Submissions/The Coolest Projects of Wikimedia Chapters - Be Inspired
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2017.
- Submission no. 2008 Subject - C5
- Title of the submission
- The Coolest Projects of Wikimedia Chapters - Be Inspired
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Presentation and Panel
- Author of the submission
- Franch/ English:
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Israel
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
A bird's-eye view of a selection of the coolest projects of the Wikimedia Chapters in the past year. Be inspired by creativity and community work from all over the world, in order to transfer the enthusiasm and ideas to your communities back home. A 50 min presentation during which you will learn about more than 30-40 projects run by Wikimedia Chapters, followed by a vote on the coolest project and a 20 minutes panel - "How to run a cool project".
Wikimedia Chapters run awesome projects and programmes, all year long. Most of which, you will never hear about. Just like in 2011 - 2016 we will give the Wikimaniacs an overview of the coolest of these projects. The overview includes topics like tips to be successful and things to better avoid, people and movement money involved, target groups or goals. Our goal is to inspire the audience: We hope that they learn from these projects, replicate or improve them and come up with their own ideas.
This session should be a great start of the first day for every Wikimania (and has been for the past seven years).
The Panel will dicuss how the cool projects can assist the movement and the local chapters in their outreach.
- Juliet Barbara, communication's Director of Wikimedia Foundation.
- Itzik Edri, Board Member of Wikimedia Israel
- Michael Jahn, Head of Communications & Partnerships Wikimedia Deutschland
- Maria Cruz, Communications and Outreach Project Manager for Community Engagement at the Foundation
The Panel will be the Jury selecting the coolest Project of the year, based on the vote of the audience in the room.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 90 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
not on Saturday (Shabath)
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
Interested attendees[edit | edit source]
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Spiritia (talk) 07:40, 2 February 2017 (UTC)
- Jamie Tubers (talk) 23:30, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
- Joalpe (talk) 17:13, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
- Schiste (talk) 11:29, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
- John Andersson (WMSE) (talk) 08:56, 14 March 2017 (UTC)
- Rhododendrites (talk) 13:48, 30 March 2017 (UTC)
- Hogne (talk) 21:29, 9 April 2017 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 02:33, 10 April 2017 (UTC)
- RachelWex (talk) 21:36, 11 April 2017 (UTC)
- Saguaromelee (talk) 13:10, 12 April 2017 (UTC)
- LZia (WMF) (talk) 18:15, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
- Ovedc (talk) 07:28, 4 June 2017 (UTC)
- SPQRobin (talk) 16:44, 16 June 2017 (UTC)
- Visem (talk) 22:29, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
- -Another Believer (talk) 17:40, 10 August 2017 (UTC)
- NickK (talk) 15:20, 13 August 2017 (UTC)