Submissions/Soliciting Data Donations: A Beginners Guide
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 4017 - LE3, TWD, GO
- Title of the submission
- Soliciting Data Donations: A Beginners Guide
- Type of submission
- birds of a feather discussion
- Author of the submission
- Andy Mabbett
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- United Kingdom
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- After successfully securing large data donations from TED, the BBC, the Royal Society of Chemistry, Quora, Songkick, universities and more, I'd like to share my experience and solicit suggestions for improving our approaches to donors, and our workflow for accepting and processing data. How can we conduct sensitive negotiations, with public and commercial bodies, while maintaining the open and accountable ethos of our movement? How can we grow a data donation into a more rounded GLAM collaboration?
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- An outline plan for soliciting, coordinating and processing data donations.
- Theme of presentation
- Legal & Free Culture (could be GLAM)
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes (or longer if desired)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Depends on scholarship grant
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).