Submissions/Reducing and fairly resolving incidents of Harassment on Wikimedia Projects with the Community Health Initiative
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2017.
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 2112 - P1
- Title of the submission
Reducing and fairly resolving incidents of Harassment on Wikimedia Projects with the Community Health Initiative
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
Trevor Bolliger, WMF product manager
- Language of presentation
English & French (we'll make two)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
The Community Health Initiative is a multi-year project currently underway by the Wikimedia Foundation, aimed at reducing the amount of toxic behavior and user harassment occurring on Wikimedia projects.
This initiative includes two segments, both of which will require community input in order to be successful. This poster should clearly convey how interested parties can become involved with this project.
The first segment is software development on Anti-Harassment Tools, which will result in new features and improvements to existing workflows in four focus areas: Detection, Reporting, Evaluation, and Blocking. The second segment is Policy Growth and Enforcement, which includes the evaluation and modification of user conduct policies on the most active Wikimedia communities and training for admins to empower admins to moderate disputes.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
After viewing the poster, readers should understand what problems the Community Health Initiative is aiming to fix, the proposed strategies to improve both the policies and the tools, and how to participate in our process.
- Theme of presentation
WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).