Submissions/Partnering for a better reading experience
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 3056 - C10, T3
- Title of the submission
- Partnering for a better reading experience
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
Jon Katz and Chris Koerner
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
jkatzwikimedia.org and ckoernerwikimedia.org
- Jkatz (WMF) and CKoerner_(WMF)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
The Wikimedia Foundation's reading team faces a unique challenge in that our volunteer communities are very important stakeholders with a vested interest, but represent <1% of our users.
As creators and builders of the projects, you have a desire and a right to present your work in the best possible light. On our side, we have a team dedicated to learning about reader needs, product evaluation, design and technical execution. We would like to work with you more closely to figure out how to build better features for our readers.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Better tools for dialogue and conversation between the Wikimedia Foundation's reading team and Wikimedians.
- Theme of presentation
WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
Anyone who cares about the reading experience on Wikimedia projects
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 45 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- None yet. Might have some intro slides at a later date.
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Amir É. Aharoni (talk) 13:41, 12 April 2017 (UTC)