Submissions/New Project proposal: WikiMed encyclopedia
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 8001 Subject - S1
- Title of the submission
- New Project proposal: WikiMed encyclopedia
- Type of submission
- roundtable discussion
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Research Scholar, Jamal Institute of Managment
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Wikipedia is in the first place where people around the world visit to know about something in detail. As an editor, I understand the steps and care taken for the reliability of the content that is provided. These days we can see websites and encyclopedia about a Medicines (Tablets, Syrups, Injections and etc...). There are websites which are competing to the wiki on this field. That's why I propose to have a new project in name of WikiMed/WikiHealth that includes details of drugs. Chemical components used, Precautions, When should it be taken, Possible side effects and etc.. are some details that could bring up a useful information for visitors.To explain medical conditions as well. I found there is a project since 2012 in Wiki Project Med . The new proposal can be merged as a project along with it and having a stand alone new project will be very fruitful. Need volunteers and Experts for discussion. Kindly support my proposal here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiMed_encyclopedia
- Theme of presentation
- Sister Projects
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Waiting for Scholarship result
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).