Submissions/My 100 Wikidays
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 5028 - C7
- Title of the submission
My 100 Wikidays: Continuously 3 #100 wikidays and one 100 wikicommons days
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
lightning talk with presentation
- Author of the submission
- type of submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Though I created my user account in February 2007, I could contribute more to Wikipedia only after accepting the #100wikidays challenge on August 14, 2016. I completed my first challenge successfully - 200 articles in 100 wikidays- on November 21, and immediately started the second run of the challenge on the next day, without missing a single day. After 21 days, I also undertook the 100WikiCommonsDays challenge in parallel.(started third 100 wikidays attempt). With this lightning talk I would like to explain how #100wikidays transformed an ordinary user of Wikimedia to an active contributor. And I have a lot of risky and funny experience I can present: internet connectivity problems, family and job-related journey issues and sleepless nights... etc. I would like to use this opportunity to explain what is #100wikidays for me and how it magically influenced the increase of number of articles in Wikipedia. Again I strongly believe that through this presentation I can advise others how to prepare before taking up #100wikidays challenge, the hurdles, uncertainties, difficulties and happiness I faced on accepting the challenge and the ways and means I had chosen to overcome those hurdles, and the factors that helped me in that.
- First #100Wikidays Challenge Started on 14th August 2016- till November 21st) Successfully Completed !
- Second #100Wikidays Challenge Started on November 22, 2016 - Finished on March 01, 2017 Successfully Completed !
- Third #100Wikidays Challenge Started on March 02, 2017 - Successfully Continuing..!
- #100wikiCommonsDays Challenge started on December 13, 2016 - Successfully Completed ! On 2017 March,22
- Second #100wikiCommonsDays Challenge started on 2017 March,23 Successfully Continuing..!
- What will attendees take away from this session?
I think,they will take away inspiration and motivation to contribute to wikipedia more regularly themselves. They will learn about how to overcome difficulties in editing and realize the different problems and chances that exist in editing Wikipedia from India.
- Theme of presentation
WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
Depending on the scholarship
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
Need a LCD Projector
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).