Submissions/Making NeuroTechnology Accessible
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 7013 Subject L4 or T3
- Title of the submission
Making Neurotechnology accessible
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
Lecture or Lightning talk
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
NeuroTechX,District 3 ,
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
The cycle of Innovation in Neuroscience has always been a slow one due to many factors. One of the factors is that Neurotechnology is still perceived as a futuristic technology even though it has been around for a long time. NeurotechX has always been a believer that anyone is able to master the field and, as such, our mission is to make a more connected and open community. This talk will help you understand the field a bit more, how to make it open and accessible, as well as provide the skills to properly assess consumer neurotech products on the market.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Processes of engaging with the community when it involves "emerging" tech. What toolbox you need to get involved in the field Insight as to what is currently possible with Neurotechnology
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
25 minutes is enough
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
I have all the material, would just need to be redesigned for this presentation
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).