Submissions/Introducing Wikimedia project to the ancient
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 5022 - GO
- Title of the submission
- Introducing Wikimedia Projects to the Ancient
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- lightning talk followed by a discussion
- Author of the submission
Emna Mizouni User:Emnamizouni
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia TN User Group
- Personal homepage or blog
- Meta page : https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Emnamizouni
- Blog : http://xenophobiaintunisia.blogspot.it
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Being the lead for Carthagina and an active member of the Wikimedia TN User Group helped in establishing partnerships with ancient administration. Every time I run into an administration, I had to adapt the very technical and modern presentation of the Wikimedia projects to convince them to partner with us. This admin model exists in many countries.
Now you can count three running partnerships (MedinaPedia, Digitalisation of the Diocesan Library (books and maps), the Archive of the musical institute Rachidia), another ongoing discussion with the Arab and Mediterranean Music Centre, and particular people who have rare manuscripts and old books.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Get to know that not only them can struggle in convincing people with the establishment of a partnership. Tips to overcome the gap between the new tech generation and the ancients, and of course a wilder experience that involves the local affiliate/UG with other members of the global community to deliver a better project.
- Theme of presentation
- Partnerships & GLAM
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 20 minutes (presentation and Q&A)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Yes if I get a scholarship.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).