Submissions/How to organize a Wikipedia for Peace camp
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 2019 Subject - C9 and C5
- Title of the submission
- How to organize a Wikipedia for Peace camp
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- thomas.schallhartgmx.at, saskia.j.ehlersgmail.com
- Country of origin
- Germany, Austria
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Service Civil International, Wikimedia Austria, Wikimedia Germany
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- In this interactive workshop, we give an introduction to the project management skills that are needed to set up Wikipedia for Peace camp.
- The two workshop leaders are experienced project coordinators. We have organized camps and edit-a-thons around peace in Germany and Austria as part of Wikipedia for Peace (which we introduce in our Submissions/Wikipedia for Peace).
- We will discuss issues such as financing, logistics, group dynamics and keeping up the motivation, best practice for content and the roles we see in project management of Wikiepdia for Peace projects. We will also discuss challenges around the organization of camps and try to find solutions together.
- At the end of the session, we want to come up with new project ideas by using brainstorming methods.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- The main aim of this session is to give people who have an interest in setting up their own Wikipedia for Peace camps the skills they need. We will talk in detail about individual project ideas and will strongly adapt the workshop to the attendees.
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Beginning, intermediate, advanced
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 40 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Please put this workshop at some point in the program after our lecture Submissions/Wikipedia for Peace has already taken place, so we can follow up on the lecture in this workshop.
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).