Jump to content

Submissions/How to make successful hackathon

From Wikimania


This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.

Submission no.
Title of the submission

How to make successful hackathon

Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)


Author of the submission

Santosh M. Shingare

type of submission


Language of presentation


E-mail address




Country of origin


Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)

EC Member of Wikimedia Chapter India

Personal homepage or blog


Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)

Motivation of this presentation is make productive hackathons event. If you are planning to include a hackathon in your conference/Event. What type of problem statement we should include? What type of resource should present at venue.? How to make and execute plan for hackathon? I will focus on some statistics,with some experiences What I did in past/What mistakes I made/ How I realized/What I improved and what is current status today.

What will attendees take away from this session?

1) How organised hackathon
2) How to make productive hackathon
3) Which problem statement should we include for hackathon

Theme of presentation
For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?


Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)

15 minutes

Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?


Slides or further information (optional)

Will Submit soon

Special requests


Is this Submission a Draft or Final?

This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.

Interested attendees

If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).

  1. BDavis (WMF) (talk) 02:38, 13 March 2017 (UTC)[reply]
  2. John Andersson (WMSE) (talk) 08:47, 14 March 2017 (UTC)[reply]
  3. Daniel Mietchen (talk) 14:45, 28 March 2017 (UTC)[reply]
  4. Lluis tgn (talk) 12:36, 15 April 2017 (UTC)[reply]