Submissions/Editing in the year to come – what the Foundation's Annual Plan means for editing tools
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2017.
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 3020 Subject - T3
- Title of the submission
- Editing into 2018 – What the Foundation's Annual Plan means for editing tools
- Type of submission
- Panel with brief initial presentation
- Author of the submission
- James D. Forrester with Amir E. Aharoni, Dan Garry, and Joe Matazzoni.
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Jdforrester (WMF)
- Country of origin
- United Kingdom
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Each year, the Wikimedia Foundation publishes our Annual Plan of what we hope to work on. We work together with community members to shape, clarify, and commit to a wide range of changes that will make things that bit better.
- In the Editing department, our work is to provide and maintain "collaborative, inclusive tools for creating and editing free knowledge". That covers all forms of editing – be it creating or improving pages, spotting and fixing vandalism, working through backlogs, collaborating with fellow community members, managing processes to delete pages or deal with disputes, correcting OCR scans of books, or many other forms of content volunteering.
- This panel of the product managers from Editing want to speak about what we did in 2016–17, discuss what we've got planned for 2017–18, and most importantly hear from everyone in our communities about how well things are going and what areas need support.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- You'll know more about what's likely to happen with the tools that help you edit, find out how recent changes have had an impact on the wikis, and help steer our work in future.
- Theme of presentation
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience? N/A
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 45 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Annual Plan for 2016–17; draft Annual Plan for 2017–18.
- Slides: File:Wikimania 2017 – Editing in the year to come – what the Foundation's Annual Plan means for editing tools.pdf
- Notes: Submissions/Editing in the year to come – what the Foundation's Annual Plan means for editing tools/notes
- Special requests
- This would be a particularly good talk to record and to stream, if that's possible.
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Headbomb (talk) 22:23, 9 April 2017 (UTC)
- Schiste (talk) 07:54, 10 April 2017 (UTC)
- KartikMistry (talk) 04:07, 21 April 2017 (UTC)
- LZia (WMF) (talk) 18:06, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
- --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 13:35, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
- Effeietsanders (talk) 10:04, 1 August 2017 (UTC)
- Djiboun (talk) 22:06, 1 August 2017 (UTC)
- Michael Jahn WMDE (talk) 18:47, 10 August 2017 (UTC)
- Tenbergen (talk) 23:13, 10 August 2017 (UTC)