Submissions/Designing for Wikipedia
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 3041 - TC
- Title of the submission
- Designing for Wikipedia
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Nirzar Pangarkar
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- npangarkar (WMF)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation staff
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Designing for Wikipedia is unique challenge. I would like to talk about ABCs of product design, problem solving, and how we apply it in everyday work. This talk will be more about design as a practice and slight look into design process at Wikimedia foundation. We use the word design and user experience a lot but I would like to talk about basic nuts and bolts of it.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Hopefully, attendees will walk away with a better understanding of product design and problem-solving.
- Theme of presentation
Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).