Submissions/Community Leadership Development: Where we are now, where we could go.
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 2079 Subject - C10
- Title of the submission
Community Leadership Development: Where we are now, where we could go.
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
In the past few years, there have been several initiatives that aim to train community members in different skills and topic areas. From program evaluation and design, to communications, board training, conflict management and online harassment, many efforts have emerged in the movement to develop capacities for stronger communities through community leadership.
In the first part of this session, we will share what we have learned from the Leadership Development Dialogue sessions held in 2016, as well as overview the Wikimedia Resource Center and planned next steps.
Following this overview, we will discuss how we might work together to develop a shared online space, to support peer-to-peer training and mentoring. In this part of the workshop, there will be small group discussion of ideas as well as a larger discussion to set next steps based on emergent ideas and needs.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Participants will have a clear understanding of the ongoing initiatives for peer training in the movement.
- Participants will contribute to the larger conversation of how to better coordinate and collaborate in leadership development within the movement.
Next Steps and Milestones:
- A coordinated approach to leadership development.
- An outline/prototype of what the peer-to-peer learning space might look like.
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 55 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).