Submissions/Building Momentum Together: Open Access to Research & Wikimedia
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 4009 Subject - LE3
- Title of the submission
- Building Momentum Together: Open Access to Research & Wikimedia Projects
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Nick Shockey, SPARC
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- SPARC (the Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition), Right to Research Coalition, OpenCon
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- This roundtable will discuss the intersection between the global movement to open up access to the result of research and Wikimedia Projects. The conversation will explore the opportunities that an open system for communicating research and scholarship create to improve Wikipedia and other Wikimedia project, how Wikimedians can better connect with allies in the broader open movement, and ways Wikimedians can directly contribute to opening up the primary material upon which Wiki projects are built.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Attendees will get an overview of Open Access and the state of the Open Access movement and learn ways that Open Access is already providing positive contributions to Wikimedia projects and potential opportunities for collaboration.
- Theme of presentation
- Legal & Free Culture
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Beginner to Intermediate
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 55 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).