Submissions/A layman's guide to Commons uploading using Pattypan
A layman's guide to Commons uploading using Pattypan
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 3023 Subject - T1
- Title of the submission
- A layman's guide to Commons uploading using Pattypan
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- User:Vinayaraj (Vinayaraj V R)
- type of submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Kerala Gramin Bank, Officer
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- While uploading media to Commons most people use the Upload Wizard. This Wizard poses a lot of problems. To address the issue a tool called Pattypan is there developed by user:Yarl. This presentation is a guide/help for overcoming the difficulties the uploaders face.
- What will attendees take away from this session? A very good alternative to the old Upload Wizard, helping them tackle many problems they faced using upload Wizard.
- Theme of presentation
- Sister Projects
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience? Intermediate
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).