This is a coordination page for the recording and uploading of videos of the presentations made at Wikimania. Videos are probably uploaded to the ' (and can be transferred with toollabs:video2commons).
For video recorders:
- Please ensure that the presentations are recorded in the highest quality possible.
- Be sure to position the camera in a place that does not obstruct the movement of people, while being able to capture the slides, the speaker(s) and quality sound.
- Edit the video to remove sections that are not necessary (such as waiting time, especially if the speaker is not present yet).
- It is preferred if you upload to YouTube first. They have an online editor that you can use to piece your video recordings together, and the connection would be much faster compared to uploading to Wikimedia or the Internet Archive.
- Be sure to add links to the YouTube video on this page and the presentation page itself for better discovery.
Hydriz will be in-charge of moving the videos from YouTube to the Internet Archive once they are all ready, together with the necessary metadata with it. All items/videos will be under Wikimania archive collection. If you upload directly to the Internet Archive, please ping Hydriz so that your item can be moved to the collection accordingly.
On Wikimedia Commons, videos are in commons:Category:Wikimania 2017 - videos.