Talk:Submissions/WikiFundi: An Early Deployment in Cape Town
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- this POSTER is a feedback on the deployment of WikiFundi platform, which is proposed for presentation at Submissions/WikiFundi : editing Wikipedia offline across Africa (lightning talk)
- Primary target group: Editors interested in Africa related topics.
- Critical issue: No
- Cross-Wiki significance: Yes
- Abstract: Unclear. Contains almost no details of what this project/proposal is about and what attendees can expect.
- Concept: Short talk.
- Other / concerns: One of several Africa-specific proposed presentations. A five-minute talk is likely to be over before attendees have found their way to the room. Consider merging with other (several) proposed presentations on Africa related topics or defer to Wikimania 2018.
My comments on your comment
- Concept : This proposition is a POSTER. Not a lightning talk. It has never been a lightning talk. Please read the submission before reviewing it :(
- Abstract : What attendees can expect is to be invited to stand in front of a wall, look at a poster, and go "wow, that's cool" and seek for more information about WikiFundi. And this additional information may actually be found during a lightning talk if the talk is accepted Submissions/WikiFundi : editing Wikipedia offline across Africa. But this submission is a POSTER and it is very hard to actually merge a POSTER with a lightning talk.