Talk:Submissions/Is Wikimedia Doing Enough in Africa?
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Primary target group: All, esp. users with an interest in Africa and African topics
- Critical issue: No, not yet.
- Cross-Wiki significance: Not as presented, but could be more effective if focused more generally on the same issues experienced in non-African developing nations.
- Abstract: Easy enough to udersandan draw the attejtion of interesed parties.
- Concept: 'INcreasing awareness of Wikipedia in emerging economies.
- Other concerns: Not sure if this is of sufficient core interest for a Wikimania presentation, meeting, or talk, at this time. With more development, and emphasis on the multilingual nature of the African continent, it could be an important presentation for another Wikimania.
Kudpung (talk) 03:27, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
Unless internet access improves in Africa, either on mobile phones or tables, then awareness in Africa is cart before the horse. Africa need access to use. Geraldshields11 (talk) 15:15, 21 March 2017 (UTC)