Talk:Submissions/How the intellectual property regime is killing free knowledge and innovation in the Global South
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Primary target group: All, especially Global South
- Critical issue: Not sure. COPYVIO issues?
- Cross-Wiki significance: Yes
- Abstract: The way it is worded comes across, to me at least, as a political protest.
- Other concerns: Not sure if this is of sufficient core interest for a Wikimania. Wikipedia , as I understand it, strives to accommodate all nations' intellectual property laws, but not to be a platform for getting them changed. I don't quite see what new editing or reading experience would be gained by those who participate at such a discussion. This possibly needs more thought and collaborative preparation for a future Wikimania that might be held in a developing economy.
I do not see why another discussion of the current copyright laws will change the current copyright laws. Where is the call to action or method to change? Geraldshields11 (talk) 15:05, 21 March 2017 (UTC)