Talk:Submissions/BoF Participatory Design (80 mins): Women's Participation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Primary target group: Women users/readers and/or persons supporting feminine issues.
- Critical issue: Yes.
- Cross-Wiki significance: Yes
- Abstract: Reprise of a major socio-political issue.
- May be duplicating other work/outsourced research on the issue of socio-political feminism regarding women's participation in Wikipedia.
- Concept: sufficiently broad to concern all language Wikpedias,
- Other concerns: 80 minutes requested - too long for a presentation. A possible ancilliary workshop. Content not fully defined due to being established according to who turns up.
Kudpung (talk) 01:07, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
Just a quick response/clarification: This isn't designed to be a presentation, but rather a participatory design workshop. --Mssemantics (talk) 22:47, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
So, the workshop will brainstorm best practices and then share them? Is it just geared to wikis in general or is it geared to advertising a edit-o-thon or IRL event? Geraldshields11 (talk) 14:31, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
- The workshop isn't designed to address best practices. It's designed to be a futures workshop to specifically address women's participation in the Wikimedia movement. Participants may address advertising, organizing, etc., or they may address infrastructure, policies, etc. The idea behind participatory design is to recognize the users (e.g., members of the communities) as experts. --Mssemantics (talk) 15:16, 22 March 2017 (UTC)