This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 7042 - P1
- Title of the submission
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- type of submission
- Language of presentation
- en - English
- E-mail address
- vladimir.medeykowikimedia.ru, nikolai.litvinovwikimedia.ru
- Drbug, Niklitov
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia RU
- Personal homepage or blog
- Ex: Sakhalin WikiExpedition 2017 (planned WikiExpedition)
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Scientific WikiExpeditions are specific type of WikiTrips, that mostly represent inclusison of wikimedians into scientific expeditions of academic institutions and include scientific edit-a-thons. There are several wikimedians who agree to join expeditions like that. The aim of a Wikiexpedition is collecting, mainly photographic, documentation, by exploring a chosen region and plant of corporation. In 2016, Wikimedia RU organized an Copper Capital of Russia Science WikiExpedition to the Urals in the Wiki-Ural contest. We visited the Uralelectromed factory (Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company) and the three museums of the Verkhnyaya Pyshma city (Sverdlovsk Oblast). Result: 300 images uploaded, including historical (GLAM project), made OTRS ticket, created Wiki-Voyage page. We conducted a two-day edit-a-thon in Technical University of UMMC. Currently we are planning Sakhalin WikiExpedition on 12 June-3 July. Scientific WikiExpeditions Motto: in every scientific expedition needed wikipedians.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Information about our wiki-experience.
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- yes (Drbug), travel would be grant dependent (Niklitov)
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Submission is a Draft
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).