Submissions/Results from a global Wikimedia survey
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 2114 - C10
- Title of the submission
- Results from a global Wikimedia survey
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Lecture & Workshop mixed.
- Author of the submission
- Edward Galvez
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- EGalvez (WMF)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
After many months of preparations, in early 2017 the Wikimedia Foundation launched a survey to the Wikimedia projects, Affiliates, program leaders and volunteer developers. The project is called Community Engagement Insights. This is the first time the Foundation has been able to do a comprehensive survey in this way and plans to continue the project in the next year. This session has two parts. In this first, participants will hear about what we measured and why, and what the results looked like. Participants will get a chance to learn about the process we used, the questions we asked, and how they can use the data. More importantly, they will learn what are our next steps for the survey and how anyone can get involved. For the second part of this session, will be workshop style, where participants will get a chance to review the questions we've asked and to see if there are missing questions based on the information that they would like to know.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Participants will learn what kind of information can be gathered from a Wikimedia survey
- Participants will gain insights on various aspects of our projects, including demographics, community health, and other areas
- Participants will learn how they can use the results of the survey for their own work
- Participants will learn how they can get involved with the Community Engagement Insights survey.
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
Intermediate & Advanced
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- If possible, 90 minutes. At the least 60 minutes.
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
Audience Etherpad[edit | edit source]
Interested attendees[edit | edit source]
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).