Submissions/Recovery of Lost Art
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 5030 - L4, GO
- Title of the submission
- Recovery of Lost Art
- Type of submission
- lightning talk
- Author of the submission
- Alex Liberman
- type of submission
- Lightning talk
- Language of presentation
- Engish, French
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Dan Liberman Fine Art
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- I will recount how a painting looted by the Nazis from the National Museum collection in Warsaw during World War II was returned to Poland in 2012 with the help of Wikipedia
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Attendees will see a use case of how wikipedia can be used to recover lost art
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 15 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- slideshow at https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/18yHgShrylTyEKJMguuQWsNYC-f6FK2petwgxAkexWgg/
- Special requests
- Submission is a Draft
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).