Submissions/Partnerships Clinic: What to do when your partnerships have gone wrong?
- Submission no. 7035 - GT
- Title of the submission
Partnerships Clinic: What to do when your partnerships have gone wrong?
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
Partnerships and Global Reach team, Wikimedia Foundation.
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
RAyyakkannu (WMF), JRabah (WMF), JVargas (WMF), AVrana (WMF)
- Country of origin
India, Jordan, Colombia, Brazil
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
We will share examples of warning signs that signal your partnerships may be in trouble, and discuss how to address them. We will focus on some of the red flags that lead to an unhealthy partnership such as:
- Unrealistic goals
- Lack of clear purpose
- Lack of communication
We will also hear about a few real examples from our affiliates. We will present problem scenarios and encourage groups of attendees to come up with exit strategies solutions.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
The audience will recognize when a partnership is in trouble, learn how to address it during program design, and be aware of exit strategies to deal with such situations.
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).