Submissions/Massive Open Online Courses : A Future Education Solution for Equity in Developing Countries
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 6027
- Title of the submission
- Massive Open Online Courses : A Future Education Solution for Equity in Developing Countries
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Lightning Talk
- Author of the submission
Cordova Putra Handri Ansyah
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- University of Indonesia
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) is a flexible internet-based education that allows to take place without the constraints of distance and time. This education method allows the massive access to open education that tends to be economically-efficient. This research aims to discover the analysis of massive open online courses (MOOCs) as an effort and solution towards equitable access to college-level education for students in developing countries, specifically in remote areas, based on user profile age (range from 20-24 years old). This research methodology uses descriptive method with the sample consists of 35 MOOCs users from three developing countries. MOOCs users profile results that this education system has the potential to improve open and equal access to higher education by several variables, namely the quality learning materials and broaden internet access in various regions in developing countries in the world. As for the geographical aspects, the results of the analysis indicate that the user majorities remain concentrated central cities of the countries.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
An extensive research about accessibility, technology and social strategies to provide equal education qualities among the people in remote areas of developing countries
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
Intermediate and Advanced
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- VMasrour (WMF) (talk) 14:39, 18 May 2017 (UTC)